I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by the fabulous DetoxMama. If you have not checked out her blog yet, please do as she writes about eating/cooking healthy to heal the body. Lots of delicious and healthy recipes! 🙂 Thank you so much Detoxmama for the nomination I feel very honored.
The Liebster Award is intended for up and coming blogs with fewer than 500 followers. It helps new blogs get some visibility and also connect bloggers to each other. As part of the award process, I get to answer some fun questions and ask questions to other awesome and deserving bloggers whose work I enjoy.
Here are the questions and my answers:
1. What is your spirit animal and why? I had to take a quiz to find out my spirit animal, but the results say a BEAR! “The bear is emblematic of grounding forces and strength, This animal has been worshiped throughout time as a powerful totem, inspiring those who need courage to stand up to adversity.” The spirit of the bear is a healer and teacher. SO true.
2. What is my happy place? My sectional. It’s the first piece of furniture that I bought on my own. It’s super comfortable and I practically live on it. lol.
3. What is my favorite ethnic cuisine? Sushi
4. What was my favorite food as a kid? Dill pickles! Yum!
5.What is my favorite food today? Mashed potatoes.
6. What are you typically doing Wed. at 11:30 am? Eating lunch at work or on my way to Wegman’s (the grocery store with a café) to get lunch!
7.Why do I blog? I started blogging to share my experiences with other’s who have IBD so they know they are not alone. The first time I pooped my pants in public, I cleaned up and the searched the web for others who may have experienced the same thing. I just want to contribute to knowledge of Crohn’s disease and report my symptoms to share with others. A lot of time symptoms are not necessarily talked about because they are embarrassing. I want to eliminate the embarrassing factor. Shit happens. Sometimes it runs down your leg if you aren’t careful.
As a side benefit, blogging has been very therapeutic for me. I enjoy it a lot. I also love reading other blogs and commenting and sharing thoughts and opinions to make life easier for all!
8. When I am not blogging what am I doing? Running a marathon… I wish. Insert something exciting here. lol. I am working or sleeping. Possibly spending time with friends. Depends on my fatigue level. Currently, I am also reading as much as I can about Paleo diet.
9. What is my greatest life lesson that I have learned about nutirition/health/diet? How I feet is directly related to what I eat. If I binge on skittle and soda… I feel like poop, If I eat healthy, I feel energized and not bogged down.
10. What is the greatest life lesson I have learned not related to nutrition/health/diet? To have faith.
Drum roll please my nominees are…..
1. www.digestingmythoughts.com is a great blog by Michelle. She is venturing out into the world on her own. Working and maintaining her new apartment while living with Crohn’s disease. She has a complicated case of Crohn’s disease but continues to inspire many as she documents her new treatments and everyday experiences with a positive attitude!
2. Christina @ ibdchris.wordpress.com is another blog I want to highlight. She was a weekly post called the Sunday Tea which I look forward to reading weekly. She is an ambitious women with IBD and she continues to push through her obstacles that IBD presents!
3. http://www.tenaciousz.wordpress.com is another blog I read on the regular. Its about the daily life of a women living in the UK and she also struggles with Crohn’s disease. She’s honest and doesn’t beat around the bush. She also provides useful information in her blog if you are a newbie to the ibd community. My favorite blog of her’s to date is: Crohn’s and Body image.
4. Petra’s blog is awesome! Check her out as she documents her journey with changing her diet and her families to eat Paleo and Paleo inspired recipes! Her husband has an autoimmune disease and her entire family has converted to eating the Paleo way! Check out the inspiring story of Petra and her family! petra8paleo.wordpress.com
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions you were given.
3. Nominate other blogs with less than 500 followers.
4. Post questions for your selected nominees to answer.
5. Tag and link the nominees and post a comment to let them know you have nominated them and appreciate their hard work.
Nominees here are your questions…
1. Who is the most influential person in your life and why?
2. If you are on a deserted island and you can only take 3 thing what would they be?
3. What do you like to do when you are not blogging?
4. Where is your favorite place you have traveled too?
5. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
6. Name one thing on your bucket list?
7. What is your favorite thing to cook or bake?